Canon Product Warranty
The manufacturer provides the present warranty for the purchased Canon product on the following terms and conditions stated below. A warranty period expires depending on type of the product.
- Cameras, camera-recorders, lenses, flash guns, binoculars, transmitters, compact photo printers SELPHY, projectors – warranty period is 2 years.
- Printing equipment (printers and all-in-one printers besides printers Pixma G), scanners, photo storage devices – warranty period is 1 year.
- Printers and all-in-one printers Pixma G – warranty period is 1 year or 30 000 printed A4 pages.
- Clothes, bags, straps – warranty period is 1 month.
- Batteries, chargers, cartridges, consumable items and other products which are not abovementioned – warranty period is not defined.
A proof of the product purchase is an original document confirming an act of sale or a fully completed warranty card. This warranty is applied to products purchase by a private customer.
The present product must be used and serviced according to user manual’s requirements.
The warranty service is carried out by authorized Canon services. Detailed information about the authorized Canon services is available at Canon website.
The Customer has right for service maintenance according to a warranty card in a country where the product is purchased only.
A warranty period of a basic product as well as of its components with a limited warranty period is extended for a period of a product warranty service repair. Upon repair completion representatives of an authorized service organization shall make corresponding marks in the warranty card.
The warranty period indicated on the first page of the present warranty card is applied to a basic product only. The warranty period is not applied to software, consumable items (cartridges with toner, ink- cartridge), accessories (removable memory modules, waste ink collectors, chargers, adapters, remote controls, connecting cables) and other tying products which are components of the basic product.
If the warranty service repair of a product is carried out by means of change of components or some other constituent part, a manufacturer warranty for the changed components or constituent parts is applied with a half-year warranty period since the date of product return to the customer.
1) Any changes to the design of the product which are not formally approved by the company Canon;
2) Connection of any devices or use of product’s accessories and consumable items other than those which are recommended by the company Canon.
The present Warranty is an Annex to other Customer’s rights which are statutory and in no way restricts them.
If not set by the Manufacturer, a Product’s life time is indicated at the warranty card.
For ease of service maintenance and satisfying other customer’s statutory requirements it is strongly recommended to keep all the product’s accompanying documentation (the present warranty card, user manual, etc.) as well as the documents confirming sale (sales check, invoice, etc.) within the whole period of product life time. In case of application of warranty conditions all the personal data provided by the customer to an authorized service center Canon can be used by the company Canon in order to monitor and improvement of customer service.